Showcase Ely’s Boat-race!
Ely hosts a historic event this April – for only the second time in its 191 year history, the famous university boat race will be in Ely. Read the history of the boat race here
Sadly none of us will be able to support the event directly as no spectators will be allowed. Let’s show our support for the event and our pride in our city by doing something creative instead.
Ely Hereward Rotary Club proposes a Community Art Project to celebrate the event.
Produce a photograph or an artwork (in any medium) which:
Celebrates the history of the event
Celebrates our pride in the city of Ely
Celebrates The River Ouse
Celebrates rowing in Ely
Celebrates women’s rowing
Celebrates sport in Lockdown
Supports one or other side of the competition!
We will be open for entries from Monday, March 22nd to Sunday, April 25th
Submit your work using the form below.
Submit your photo or a photo of your artwork.
Please send it as a JPEG file
Make sure you include your name and a title for the work.*
All entries will be put together into a slide show which the club will put on our website and on social media and will give to the race organisers and press outlets.
When restrictions allow it will be screened at the Babylon gallery.
*Note that by submitting your work you are giving us permission to show your work in this way.
Terms and conditions:
· Entries can be made up to and including April 25th
· The file uploaded should be in J.peg format and please limit file size to 5MB
· All works submitted must be original and must not include material protected by copyright.
· Submitting your artwork will constitute permission for Ely-Hereward Rotary Club to display the work in such places, on such social media, and for such period, as the Club shall determine.
· The personal details supplied are only for use in this event and will be deleted from our servers as soon as the event is completed.